Crown of Love (And By Love I Mean Flowers)
Modcloth, one of my favorite online stores, also happens to run a blog. From time to time, they publish DIY projects. When I saw this tutorial for a flower crown, I knew I HAD to try it out! I love hair accessories (especially ones appropriate for short hair) and flowers are my favorite type, hands-down. So I headed to JoAnn’s and bought the supplies (did you know that if you show a college ID in the month of July, JoAnn’s will give you 20% off?).
And here’s my version - a bit smaller, but in my opinion more wearable:
The only thing I did differently was to use some glue. My florist tape didn’t stick well, and so I used glue to affix the tape ends and to make sure that my flowers were extra secure. I have to secure the flower crown with bobby pins if I plan to wear it out and move around much. I really like the way it looks. Thanks Modcloth!
2012 Summer Playlist
My favorite season is summer, and having awesome summer music makes it even better! Like many other people I compile myself a summer music list every year. Here are the highlights of my 2012 list.
1. Authentic Pyrric Remission by Of Montreal
2. Don’t Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas) by Regina Spektor
3. Victoria by The Kinks
4. Two Doves by the Dirty Projectors
5. Nashua by The Antlers
6. We Used to Wait by Arcade Fire
7. Brother Sport by Animal Collective
8. Island in the Sun by Weezer
9. I’m On Fire (Cover) by Bat for Lashes
10. San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott McKenzie
11. Video Games by Lana Del Rey
12. Cheerleader by St. Vincent
13. Winter Winds by Mumford and Sons
14. Hallelujah I Love Her So by Ray Charles
15. Daniel by Bat for Lashes
Summer = Coveting Vintage Barware for the Patio You Don’t Have
I live in a dorm, so obviously I don’t really have the space to be keeping a stash of barware. Besides that, I don’t exactly have a bar, or a dining space, or even a patio. But does that mean I can’t drool over pretty vintage barware? Heck no it doesn’t!
I am such a sucker for retro tiki glasses. This set from vintagejunque is $13.
Nakie girl swizzle sticks? Yeah, I’d use that. From furandgoldvintage, $300.
I love hobnail glassware, so I’m all over this. From vintagereinvented, $320.
Loving the geometric pattern on these 50s cocktail glasses. From 4birdsvintage, $50.
Cute 1940s tumbler set. $20 from centaur123.