Table Runner and Quick Tutorial
I made this table runner for my mom. It’s reversible. One side is a Christmassy print, with wreaths and whatnot, and the other side is snowmen so it can be used during the rest of the winter.
How I made it - it’s really easy actually.
1. Rip two equally sized strips from two different fabrics, forming two long rectangles. I made mine about 10 inches wide and a few inches shorter than the length of my table.
2. Lay the rectangles on each other, right sides together. Sew three and a half of the sides - the two long sides, one short side, and half of the other short side.
3. Turn the runner right side out and iron flat. Tip - place the rectangle on the ironing board with the seams in the middle, not on the sides, so you can iron them flat before ironing the table runner into its final shape. This makes sure that the seams are not folded inward when you iron the runner. Hopefully that makes a bit of sense to you, the reader.
4. Stitch shut the opening you left to turn the table runner right side out. Either hand stitch it (more aesthetically appealing) or machine stitch as close to the end as possible (faster). I chose the machine method.
Ta-Dah! You have a table runner. This whole project took me about 20 minutes, tops.
“Sophisticated in Floral” Dress
Finally! I’ve photographed a finished product. It’s been a while. I made it from my retro Butterick pattern which I also used on a green swiss-dotted dress a while back.
This is the dress I wore for Thanksgiving this year:
Some belated sundress pictures
Well…I know it’s winter but…here’s some pictures of me modeling my seersucker sundress which my friend Kathryn took this August!
And a silly one just for kicks….very FIERCE!
I made this holiday apron to use…you know…during the holidays. I followed the same design as I used for my Spanish teacher and her friend. I like it a lot.
Oh look, lucky you - a shot of my cat AND my apron. Cute!
Lady Grey Coat!
Finally, I finished my coat! And now people want me to make some for them as well!
So glad I can finally wear it.
I was comissioned this month to make two homecoming dresses.
Unfortunately, there was a spilling accident involving the first one, which was so cute, and she did not get to wear it - but she’s going to get the stain out and wear it for ring dance. So I guess I’ll save the picture till then.
And the second one was made for Sam; it’s sparkly blue with red trim.
I’m happy with the way they both turned out and so were the girls. I hope some of the students at my school ask me for prom dresses this spring!